Please contact Municipal Enforcement for complaints related to animal services. 403-858-7280
The penalty, in the Town of Sylvan Lake for an unlicensed dog is $50.00 and for an unlicensed cat is $200.00 for the first offence.
All dog (maximum 2 per household) and cat (maximum 3 per household) owners in the town of Sylvan Lake must purchase a license for any animal over the age of 4 months. License renewals must be purchased prior to January 31 of each year and are available at the town office. The licenses are effective from January 1st to December 31st of the current year.
The fee for a dog license is:
- $25.00/year for an altered dog (must bring proof)
- $50.00/year for an intact dog
The fee for a cat license is:
- $25.00/year for an altered cat (must bring proof)
- $50.00/year for an intact cat
View the Animal Licensing Form
If you need a replacement (lost or stolen) you can purchase a tag at the town office for a fee of $10.00.
Things you will need to bring when purchasing a dog/cat license:
View the Animal Control Bylaw
- Spay/neuter certificate
- Tattoo identification number or mirco chip
- Information about your animal (ex. Breed, age, color, name, sex)